Saturday, February 12, 2011

Don't Call It A Comeback...

I've been here for years. Well, I've been here for a month anyway. Of course I disappeared for a few weeks...

I'm back now though!

Things have been hectic and posting had slipped way too much. All I needed was a good shot in the arm. Thanks to the vote of confidence over on Brophy's site (thanks BTW) I am ready to work again.

In the few weeks since my last post quite a bit has happened. There has been a change of power on our coaching staff as a good friend and boss stepped down, and a new (and respected) coach was hired. I tested the waters (just in case) and had one great interview and several very positive conversations (that could still lead to something). I've endured, and almost completed, the start of track season (I am the Girls Head Coach) and the mountain of paperwork that goes with it. Then of course there are the five classes of 9th grade Language Arts that I teach. Needless to say, it has been all I can do to stay afloat...




The truth is without it all I would get bored. Work is what keeps me going most days because I love it. I might not love every aspect of it, but it is a part of who I am. I love knowing that I could be making a difference, and I love coaching. Sometimes working is hard when suddenly nothing is guaranteed and that is when you need a plan. My plan is simple: keep working. I have no idea what or where the next step for me may be, but I plan to keep working as hard as I can. My life, my accomplishments, my team(s), and my resume are only as good as the work I can produce. Therefore I grind. Oh, and hopefully post more updates to this site.

A few links to share:
A guy that makes a difference

A guy to admire

No comments: